The Handy Device Cradle has been designed to allow operators to charge the battery in up to 7 Handy440/450 devices and to simultaneously communicate with 7 handheld readers in a small footprint. Each device slot is individually protected against fault conditions while an integrated 7-way USB 2.0 hub allows multiple Handy readers to be connected to a single PC.
It is manufactured from a powder-coated mild steel to allow it to be deployed in harsh environments and its modular design allows for quick replacement of damaged parts.
A backlit two line LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) provides status information on each of the individual slots.
Power is supplied to the unit by a single universal external mains adapter.
- 8-bit 8051 based single chip microcontroller
- 64Kbytes internal Flash memory (program memory) / 2kbytes internal RAM
- 2 lines x 16 characters LCD with LED backlighting
- 7 way USB 2.0 integrated HUB with each Handy interface protected against overcurrent
- Host interface cradle with USB 2.0 (Full speed) connectivity
- Charging current per device 500mA